2000 johnson dies at idle/problem

To make a long story short, bought a 2000 seaArk with a 2000 115hp motor, took the boat out ran fine for 10 minutes then went WOT when around 5000 rpm the boat like jerked and the rpms dropped then revved back up then i wasnt able to get it to restart. Came home inspected the fuel lines pulles the fuel filter off the motor and it had a ton a junk/rubber inside of it I replaced the filter and fuel lines now I'm not able to get it to idle, the bulb gets hard and will idle for like 2 minutes on muffs the only way to keep it going is to pump the bulb will keep it running. I made sure that there are no air leaks. Took it to a marine shop he told me the carbs were dirty and it would be 600 to clean and rebuild them I said no went and took it to a buddys house he thinks it might be the power pack does the power pack control the fuel pump like not getting enough power to pull the fuel or could dirty crabs stop the fuel from coming in? I also think I'm not getting spark on one of the heads is that a power pack issue as well. I'm new to all tge boating stuff any insit into fixing the problem would be every appreciated see as how much much i already spent on the boat. Thanks guys

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: 2000 johnson dies at idle/problem

If you would get an OMC factory service manual, you could do most of all this work yourself. They sell them right here on I-Boats.

I will definitely get a service manual. I was just seeing if someone could give me some input of which direction to look.

Nobama

Cadet

Marine tech here. That junk was your fuel lines delaminating from ethanol. The carbs and now clogged. They need to be cleaned and possibly rebuilt. In addition all fuel lines and filter needs to be replaced as well as fuel pump inspected and cleaned. That means all pieces of line or you will gum up the carbs you just rebuilt. By the way- use marine fuel line not automotive....

So the carbs being clogged bad enough could cause the motor to stall out and jerk like it did at WOT? Also is all I need a rebuild kit for each crab or do I need anything else?