Decarbing with Seafoam 1st time. I want to make sure I understand the sequence.

btravlin2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Howdy.......this is for a '95 OceanRunner 225. Can the first part of the decarb be done on the muffs? That is......to the point where the spray bottle is empty?

When I take it for the first wide-open spin, is that still on the 1 gal of pre-mix with the Seafoam in it?

After I put in the new plugs, do I stop with the 1 gal pre-mix and go back to the fuel tank, so I don't ruin the 2nd set of plugs?

Everything has been done to clean up the idle, and it's still rough. I don't think the motor has ever been decarbed (300hrs). So I'm hoping this will be a difference maker.

"Decarb, take a can of seafoam put 3/4 of it in the gas tank, with only 1 gallon of premixed gas. put the rest in a spray bottle. start the engine, and let it come up to temperature. then remove plugs, and them some real good shot of seafoam into the cylinders, replace plugs, let sit 15 minutes. restart, and spray the rest of the seafoam into the carbs, so the the motor almost stalls, wait and repeat until the seafoam is gone.then take for a wide open spin. then put in new plugs, ad premixed gas to the tank, and take it for a wide open throttle spin. it is going to smoke like a house on fire, during this process."

Last edited:

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: Decarbing for the 1st time. I want to make sure I understand the sequence.

I don't use seafoam. I use BRP engine turner. Follow the directions on the can and even let it sit overnight. Had real good luck with it.

btravlin2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I've heard so much about Seafoam for decarbing that I thought it was the way to go. Now I'm confused. Huge difference in price, so if Seafoam is still recommended I'll go with it. I just wanted to make sure I understood the steps to use it according to the sticky.

Do I run through the entire gallon with the Seafoam in it? At WOT?

Last edited:

pn

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Decarbing with Seafoam 1st time. I want to make sure I understand the sequence.

sea foam will make your engine bog while its decarbing. i like to spray a 50/50 mix into the carbs on the muffs blipping the throttle to keep her running, note do not rev too much on the muffs. you'll notice quite a bit of great smelling white smoke. the wot run at the lake is to blow everything out on load.