1999 johnson 35 hp no spark

modsrx

Petty Officer 3rd Class
the motor was running fine ..went for fishing put the boat in water and no start ..motor crank but no spark on a 3 cylinder ...where should I start the diagnostic ..I got no diagram or work book:confused:

tblshur

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1999 johnson 35 hp no spark

hi modsrx , im not the one to help you but you might look at cdi electronics.com for step by step checks im sure you have checked lanyard kill switch if you have one, good luck

modsrx

Petty Officer 3rd Class

it doesn't have and kill switch on the control ....

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Find a black/yellow wire coming out of the power pack and disconnect that. Also a model # would help.

modsrx

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Find a black/yellow wire coming out of the power pack and disconnect that. Also a model # would help.

j35pl3eem.........is it a wire alone or its a plug with 4 wire in it for the black/yellow wire.....can I unplug the connector or I need to cut the wire ?? not sure if I got the good one ....thnx very appreciated ...

modsrx

Petty Officer 3rd Class

with key off the black and yellow wire is short to ground and with the key on the wire is open not short to ground so the switch sounds to be ok

modsrx

Petty Officer 3rd Class

with key off the black and yellow wire is short to ground and with the key on the wire is open not short to ground so the switch sounds to be ok

I found out if I play with the wired for the crank trigger sensor the motor run cut run cut run cut run ..I guess the wire inside must be loose or broke ...where is the best place to get good parts at a great price

boobie

Supreme Mariner

You could start right here on I-Boats and go from there.

hidef

Lieutenant

The OMS oil injection system is highly prone to failure. The check vavles in the oil mixing chamber can fail which will allow gas to be pump into the oil tank. Eventually the oil tank will become full of gas with little or no oil and the engine will not have proper lubrication. Because the tank is only monitored for volume the no oil and low oil warning lights will never come on. The tank and mixing chamber is easy to remove and requires no additional parts to be purchased. Just remove the tank amd mixing chamber and connect the fuel hose that runs to the carbs directly to the fuel filter and secure the wiring harness plug that attached to the oil tank out of the way.