kill switch wiring

frydaddy5

Cadet
I changed a few switches out on the boat and ended up knocking on e of the wires on the back of the kill switch. There is still one wire connected on the top "C" peg. There is two pegs labeled "M" on the sides of the switch and another peg on the bottom labeled "C".

Anybody know where I should connect the loose wire?

frydaddy5

Bosunsmate

Admiral
Re: kill switch wiring

Are you sure it aint B on the bottom?
M and M- one is your ground the other is the kill switch wire (normally!)

frydaddy5

Cadet

It could be a B on the bottom, hard to tell for sure since I haven't taken it out yet, hoping to avoid that step. The color of the wire is red, but that's just the color of wire I used to come out of the control box, so it is the wire coming from there.
Thinking it goes to one the M pegs but not sure which one, if it would matter or not. Don't want to short anything out and definitely don't want to have to go back into the control box. Trying to keep those wires in place when putting that box together was a nightmare years ago when I installed the thing.

frydaddy5

Last edited:

Bosunsmate

Admiral

Well try your choke, if it works you have power to the switch and choke is connected correctly to the top C

frydaddy5

Cadet

thanks for the responses, haven't had time to get back out there until today. will try the choke version, at least that will maybe keep something else from going wrong if i pick the wrong peg to plug into. think i'm going to try one of the M pegs on the side first.

going to put all of this on the computer this time so if it ever happens again i won't have to rely on this failing memory of mine.

thanks again. this is a great forum, really glad i stumbled on it. flounder season is starting here in pensacola, fl and i can't wait to get out there, a little cool front is going through so it should be some great gigging.

frydaddy5