1976 65hp johnson out board have a altenator???

i was wondering if this boat motor has a way of charging my battery like a car.....like a altenator or generator....or should i look into geeting something to recharge my batterys often??

durban

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1976 65hp johnson out board have a altenator???

no it does not have an alternator , it has a stator under the flywheel that charges the battery via regulator

no it does not have an alternator , it has a stator under the flywheel that charges the battery via regulator

last question boss.....will that be suffecient enough to power a small radio setup and all my neccasary lights....an maybe a aftermarket livewell at most.....and would hooking up mutiple batteries hurt the system....thx

durban

Master Chief Petty Officer

last question boss.....will that be suffecient enough to power a small radio setup and all my neccasary lights....an maybe a aftermarket livewell at most.....and would hooking up mutiple batteries hurt the system....thx

i do not want to say yes or no , if you end up with a flat battery to start your motor , & your rope start does not work or motor battles to start on rope start you have a problem on your hands , i think its best to get 2 battery's depending how many things you are have running of 12 v supply on your boat , connect them in series or parallel depending which will suite your application best

i do not want to say yes or no , if you end up with a flat battery to start your motor , & your rope start does not work or motor battles to start on rope start you have a problem on your hands , i think its best to get 2 battery's depending how many things you are have running of 12 v supply on your boat , connect them in series or parallel depending which will suite your application best

thanks for the info