1976 65hp johnson out board 2 stroke??

I just got a 15' tri hull with a 65 hp johnson on it...ive been restoring the boat structually and i got to the motor today....is started right up after 10 years....but i cant find a oil dip stick and im not sure if its 2 stroke...also any knowledge on changing the gear oil would be awsome....new to boating and this forum...thx for the help ahead of time!

Lyle29464

Lieutenant
Re: 1976 65hp johnson out board 2 stroke??

Hope you put oil in the gas. It's a 2 stroke. I think I boats sells a manual on it. That will show you the service points and how to change the water pump impeller.

Last edited:

82rude

Rear Admiral

2 stroke my man.stop and don't start till you are sure you have fuel mixed at 50 to 1 .use tcw3 oil for outboard motors .getting a manual will be very helpful to you.factory manual are great if you have motor knowledge but I believe the seloc is more than adequate for the average joe and is actually more in line with the basic beginner .some will disagree, but hey, that's what makes the world go around,lol.

Hope you put oil in the gas. It's a 2 stroke. I think I boats sells a manual on it. That will show you the service points and how to change the water pump impeller.

thx and yeah i did but only long enough to check and see if the water pump was running (10-15 min)and to see if i had a miss.......50:1 right....and replacing the deck and glassing the the hull have left me pocket out...so no manuel this week....but thx again.....and more advice is welcome

oh and any advive on a live well would be cool....i want to put one in the deck somewhere but im not sure if there is one thats ready to rock i can pick up and install

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Check the top secret files at the beginning of this forum for awakening a sleeping outboard.

Last edited: