Need 1988 275 Wiring Diagram

Subtle

Seaman Apprentice
Hello all,

I'm new here, so I guess I should start with hi. My name is Greg. I'm in the process of converting my 24 foot AMF Slickcraft from a I/O to an Outboard. I have everything that I need However I am struggling with the wiring of it. I'm not trying to wire anything up wrong for my first start. Anyway I would like to know if anyone has a 1988 275 Johnson wiring diagram. I'm looking for it all from ignition to gauges. It would be a great help and I would really appreciate it. I have found the manual on eBay, but don't want to buy it until I'm sure that it has what I need in it. I can normally find anything that I need on the internet and I have found all kinds of diagrams but just not the one I'm looking for. Which is starting to make me think it isn't even out there. But I'm sure that isn't true...

Anyway thanks in advance for any help.

Edit* Should I have put this in the electrical section?

foodfisher

Captain
Re: Need 1988 275 Wiring Diagram

The Johnson/Evinrude forum would probably get faster answers.

Subtle

Seaman Apprentice

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fun Times

Staff member

The Johnson/Evinrude forum would probably get faster answers.
+ 1

Thank you.
Hi there Subtle, i'll move your thread over to the Johnson & Evinrude Outboard forum section for you to see if any of our knowledgeable iboats members would be able to help you out better. Good luck.:)

boobie

Supreme Mariner

A Factory service manual would probably be your best bet.

Subtle

Seaman Apprentice

Yes. I ordered one on Saturday evening. Can't wait for it to show up!!! I did get it started Sunday evening. Also. I have 8 thin hoses that look like they go to each cylinder. Nothing is flowing through them, is this bad. What are they for? I assumed lubing the bearings. Am I wrong? It's number 11 on this site. Says drain. What's that for?

http://www.**********/parts/search/BRP/JOHNSON/1988/J275PXCCA/CYLINDER%20%26%20CRANKCASE/parts.html

Wells it won't let me post it but it's boats dot net

Last edited:

boobie

Supreme Mariner

It's the access oil recirculation for the mtr in the crank case. There will be a diagram in the manual.