Evinrude Lightwin Model 3707 3 HP Cowling and Fuel

outboardsusa

Seaman
I recently bought a 1967 Evinrude model 3607 3 HP, it has an onboard fuel tank on top but it also has a fuel line with the OMC fuel hookup has a shut off valve there, is this something added? I wanted to take off the cowling and look inside to see if there is a fuel pump and also to clean the powerhead, the sides don't seem to come off to get the top off do you just unscrew the four screws on top and take off the recoil to get to the powerhead? thank you for any information

bonzoscott

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Evinrude Lightwin Model 3707 3 HP Cowling and Fuel

It should have only the petcock that screws into tank and it has a shut off valve sticking outside of the lower cowl. You have to remove the recoil then the lower cowl. There should be some slotted SS slotted screws that hold the lower cowl on. Once you remove the lower cowl, you can see the fuel set up. You can also see the 4 bolts that hold the tank on. Try this link - if your motor doesn't show up, try and look it up.
Johnson Fuel Tank And Cover Group Parts for 1967 3hp JW-22 Outboard Motor

F_R

Supreme Mariner

The fuel pump and plumbing for a remote tank was an OMC factory accessory kit. Properly installed, it can run on either tank by opening/closing the proper valves.

Everything is accessed by removing the two lower covers, two screws holding each one, plus choke knob, etc.

Attachments

• 19. Fuel Pump Kit 3hp.jpg
    19. Fuel Pump Kit 3hp.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

outboardsusa

Seaman

Thank you very much for your help, I got it all off and cleaned the powerhead, the only trouble was the new outside fuel hookup and line was in the way, but it came off, motor runs good, noticed not a lot of water runs out the 8 little holes until you accelerate it then it shoots water out I guess that is normal, thank you again

outboardsusa

Seaman

thank you for your help, yes I saw the fuel pump and lines under the cowling, they don't look that old

lindy46

Captain

You won't see a lot of water spraying out the small holes on the leg - more like a mist. Close the top petcock and open the bottom petcock when using an external tank. Open the top petcock and close the bottom petcock when using the built-in tank.

outboardsusa

Seaman

You won't see a lot of water spraying out the small holes on the leg - more like a mist. Close the top petcock and open the bottom petcock when using an external tank. Open the top petcock and close the bottom petcock when using the built-in tank.
thank you I noticed, is there another place that water comes out or are the 8 holes the only place?