1996 70 hp Evinrude Wiring

bobdown48

Recruit
Have just put a rebuilt motor on my boat and hooked everything together. Tilt trim working, engine turns over..no problems.
Now I have two blue with white stripe wires not hooked up coz i cant see where they go. They both come from the remote unit ...so suspect tilt trim or something like that. The tilt button on the remote only goes down but not up. The tilt button on the side of the motor works both up and down so not sure if there is any link here. Anywat...anyone know where these wires go to?
IMG_1540.jpg

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: 1996 70 hp Evinrude Wiring

I don't have a manual on your engine, but this response will move you back to the top, I am sure someone will come along and help you out.

hidef

Lieutenant

Blue and white wires are for the trim and tilt. If you follow wires from the tilt switch on the side of the motor those blue and white wires should tie into those. The T/T system is controlled via two three way switches.

bobdown48

Recruit

Blue and white wires are for the trim and tilt. If you follow wires from the tilt switch on the side of the motor those blue and white wires should tie into those. The T/T system is controlled via two three way switches.

Yep checked that . There is one blue-white wire but that is all connected and goes up toward the top of the motor..no free joiners hanging out...:confused:

hidef

Lieutenant

If you disconnect the blue wire that is currently connected does it plug into one of the free ends. If it does I would think the other free end will plug into where that connector came from.

bobdown48

Recruit

If you disconnect the blue wire that is currently connected does it plug into one of the free ends. If it does I would think the other free end will plug into where that connector came from.

Will check it out on the weekend...thanks you guys for the help..much appreciated. :joyous: