E-TECH 150 Clicking in side mount control

clintwolf

Recruit
Hello,

Just purchased a tritoon with an E-TECH 150.
When shifting from neutral to forward i hear/feel a click that sounds like it's coming from the controls.
When shifting from neutral to reverse i hear/feel a few clicks (2-4) that sounds like it's coming from the controls.

The previous owner told me this occurs when you've not been in neutral long enough switching in and out of gears.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: E-TECH 150 Clicking in side mount control

Is it coming from the control or the motor ??

multimech

Petty Officer 1st Class

Like most Etechs your engine is hanging RPM based on being in or out of gear. That is what I imagine is what you are hearing. Are the controls stiff? Does the engine die out shifting? If neither of these is true, there is probably no problem other than an unnatural feel if you are not used to newer technology.

clintwolf

Recruit

Like most Etechs your engine is hanging RPM based on being in or out of gear. That is what I imagine is what you are hearing. Are the controls stiff? Does the engine die out shifting? If neither of these is true, there is probably no problem other than an unnatural feel if you are not used to newer technology.

That sorta makes sense. As I'm very new to this boat (and boating in general) I was gingerly going into reverse rather than being more confident in my shifting. So the clicking I'm feeling, is probably from my timid gear switching?

82rude

Rear Admiral

yes ,don't shift extra slow.