20 hp johnson sea horse help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eska3.0

Cadet
Hey can any of you point me in thr direction of info for fuel mix and leg oil for this outboard? Will 90 weight be sufficient for the leg oil?

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: 20 hp johnson sea horse help

What year is it?
Use a marine 80/90 weight oil in the lower unit, make sure to replace the seal washers on the vent/drain screws.
Depending on the year , most likely you will use a 50:1 fuel mix.

Eska3.0

Cadet

And thank you for the response. Do you think I can find the seals without ordering them online??

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

What is your model number?
I think 1965 was the first year that used a 50:1 ratio, many still used a 24:1 for several years after that date. I am sure others will chime in with more comments.
Do you have a dealer close, or a napa store, they can get them for you without having to pay freight. You might as well get enough for several oil changes so you have them on hand.
I think the OEM number is 311598, or the sierra number is 184248, double check the numbers before ordering.

hello, new here, have a question about a spark issue on 1971 sea horse 20 hp. non electric start. i have no spark, all components look visually good. pulled flywheel. what is next step?

Michawilden

Petty Officer 2nd Class
With no spark at all I would first look into the kill circuit. If this is faulty you wont get spark. Second are the points. Clean them and set them to 0.02 inch.

Status
Not open for further replies.