1995 johnson 150 remote control

ermack

Seaman Apprentice
I need to replace my shifting cable and for the life of me cannot figure out how to remove the side mount control. I can only see one screw and it looks to have some sort of cover on the control. I am afraid to pry on anything and break something. can someone help me out here? See picture of my model.

remote.JPG

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1995 johnson 150 remote control

You may find the original factory parts diagram helpful to you. That diagram presents an exploded view. Check out this website: epc.brp.com You will not find the side mount control under your engine. Look under the "OB Accessories" tab. Then under "remote controls", then to the "conceal side mount" picture.

Last edited:

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Or else get an OEM Factory Service Manual. Lots of pics.

ermack

Seaman Apprentice

the schematic was great on the epc.brp site, but it did not show me how to get to the screws holding the remote to the boat side. I still think there is a plastic cover that may come off by prying on it, but I am afraid if i am wrong it will break........and of course I dont want to buy a manual.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

yours looks like a concealed side mount....the guts are on the other side....i have the manual in hand...its several pages of instructions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! doesnt look like fun....maybe tomorrow ill try to read it a little more carefully...going to bed now

PS there is a set screw at the bottom that is accessed while in full throttle reverse!!..1/8th " allen wrench
bob

Last edited:

ermack

Seaman Apprentice

well, I got this figured out............there is a plastic cap covering 4 screws that I did pop off without breaking it. thanks all.