70 HP Johnson stator 2000 model

tacwas007

Cadet
(stator wires) Can someone tell me the function of the two orange,one black wire with a yellow stripe, and the solid black wire? I know the yellow ones are for the rectifier. I want test the stator.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Re: 70 HP Johnson stator 2000 model

Can someone tell me the function of the two orange,one black wire with a yellow stripe, and the solid black wire?
The 2 orange are for the power coil that operates S.L.O.W. feature on engine, b;lk with yellow trace is kill wire from switch,the 2 tan wires are charge coil to pack

tacwas007

Cadet

The 2 orange are for the power coil that operates S.L.O.W. feature on engine, b;lk with yellow trace is kill wire from switch,the 2 tan wires are charge coil to pack

What is S.L.O.W. ?

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

A feature in powerpack so if engine gets hot it reduces timing/rpm

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Go to cdielectronics.com They have the procedure.

Dirtylittleore

Recruit

My 2000 johnson 40 jet, same power head as the 70 is going into slow mode and it is not over heating. Can i disconnect those two orange wires to stop it from going into slow mode? i am thinking of taking it out on the water right now to try that.
She runs for 5-20 minutes just fine then cuts off into slow mode. And will take anywhere from 5-30 minutes to reset. It is pissing water and is only just warm when it happens. I have tried disconnecting the temp sensor with no joy. I am planning replacing the power pack next.

multimech

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here is a tip that might help Dirty. Check your spark plugs. If they are not champion and the ones specified for your engine you may have found your problem. I have encountered false alarms after finding the customer was running NGK plugs, which are different internally to the champion resistive types. It threw me for a few loops before I found the problem.

Dirtylittleore

Recruit

I saw a thread about that. I have already checked and they are champion. I disconnected my tan lead for the temp switch then disconnected my two orange wires that initiate slow mode witch no joy. But I found out once it goes into slow mode if I just disconnect the power pack entirely then plug it back in it will reset and run atWOT. I went online and bought the power pack last night let see if this works.