Looking for Obsolete Evinrude Shifter part

jtecker

Cadet
I just recently purchased a used 2003 Evinrude 225 DI/Ficht. Runs great but the shifter was missing two critical little parts. They are part number 0126534 Cable Anchor. They are little cylinder shaped pieces that anchor the shift and throttle cables to the shifter bracket. Local Evinrude dealer and every online resource I've found all say the part is obsolete and no longer available anywhere. Anyone out there have a secret source they could share for these things? Right now I've used a series of plastic cable ties to keep the cables anchored in place but they're not going to last forever. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

geoffwga1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Looking for Obsolete Evinrude Shifter part

Have you tried Sea Way Marine in Seattle? They have most bits and your motor is not really old.

jtecker

Cadet

I just went to their website and sent them one of their parts inquiry forms. Hopefully they can find it somewhere. Thanks for the idea!

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

You might also check the "Top Secret File" at the top of the page, there is a list of salvage yards there, maybe one of them can help you out.

jtecker

Cadet

Daviet, I am not seeing this Top Secret File on my iboats browser page. Where should I be looking?

boobie

Supreme Mariner

At the top of this forum.

jtecker

Cadet

Thanks. I've sent inquiries to all of the salvage yards listed.