evinrude 70 hp

gyver

Recruit
hi i am looking for help with wiring on a evinrude e70rnlib outboard motor
when i got the motor there was no wiring loom on the engine i got one
and have most of it fitted but cant figure out where the white wire with a black stripe
coming from the power pack (oem no 55004532) is supposed to connect to its beside
the tan wire and the yellow with red stripe any help would be grate

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: evinrude 70 hp

Your model # doesn't make any sense to me.

gyver

Recruit

yea its an odd ball one they wer made for the coast guard life boats in 1996 anyone familiar with the power pack

nwcove

Admiral

yea its an odd ball one they wer made for the coast guard life boats in 1996 anyone familiar with the power pack

yep.....that shows up as 1996 military outboard.

gyver

Recruit

i have been looking for information about them but dosent seem to be anything about the wiring of them. there is lots for the standard evinrude 70hp but my one has a big square power pack instead of the smaller one it also has 5 wires from the trigger instead of 4 on the connector

nwcove

Admiral

you may want to contact brp directly. hopefully its not classified info!!

phillnjack2

Ensign

yeah its an easy to show where it goes.

the black and white wire with the tan next to it goes to the sensor on the top left of the engine.
its the temp sensor that goes to powerpack to let it know its warm enough for the quickstart to stop.
the tan is the alarm for over heat.
both wires go to this sensor.
when looking at the back of engine its to the left of the top plug and thermostat housing.

pic here with yellow arrow showing the sensor.

enjoy

Attachments

• DSCF9701.jpg
    DSCF9701.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 0

phillnjack2

Ensign

the only thing different between the RNLI engines and normal is the fuel pump is NOT VRO.
everything else is the same as any other 60 or 70hp omc.

they were made to be more reliable, thus they fitted the older style fuel pump for its reliability and longevity.
if its got vro then its not RNLI.
they are not any better or worse than any other engine, and in most cases due to being started up often before being put in the water on the rescue boats,they suffer with water pump problems and sometimes bad thermostats.
first thing to do with ex RNLI engine is to fit new water pump, or atleast check it.

Lots of people are under the impression its good to have ex RNLI engine, this is just purely a myth.
Like I say they are the same engines as any other omc.

phill

Last edited:

gyver

Recruit

the only thing different between the RNLI engines and normal is the fuel pump is NOT VRO.
everything else is the same as any other 60 or 70hp omc.

they were made to be more reliable, thus they fitted the older style fuel pump for its reliability and longevity.
if its got vro then its not RNLI.
they are not any better or worse than any other engine, and in most cases due to being started up often before being put in the water on the rescue boats,they suffer with water pump problems and sometimes bad thermostats.
first thing to do with ex RNLI engine is to fit new water pump, or atleast check it.

Lots of people are under the impression its good to have ex RNLI engine, this is just purely a myth.
Like I say they are the same engines as any other omc.

phill
thanks for the info just one problem my engine doesn't have the sensor there its got a housing bolted on to it there the only sensor i can see is on the right hand side of that plate with a single tan wire on it

gyver

Recruit

hear is what my head looks like electronics are different in pick than mine evinrude engine.jpg