• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Artie2013

Recruit
I have a 50 HP evinrude 2 cylinder outboard that I want to convert the VRO pump to a standard fuel pump. Can anyone walk me through the steps? I have had this outboard in the shop with various mechanics and have not gotten this problem fixed. I have narrowed it down to the vro fuel pump. If there is a way PLEASE let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Artie2013

phillnjack2

Ensign
Re: 50 hp evinrude outboard '88-'00 CONVERT VRO FUEL PUMP TO STANDARD PUMP

simple to do
take complete fuel pump off the engine. disconnect the plug on end of wire from vro plug and tape it up.
the wire that comes from the oil tank to engine again disconnect the plug and tape it up.
disconnect oil pipe from tank to engine at engine end. take tank from boat.
now just get new (old style) fuel pump and place it in the engine compartment and attach fuel pipe from fuel filter to the fuel pump
then the fuel pump to carb pipe then the pulse pipe to fuel pump.
make a small simple bracket to hold pump and job is done.

Now before putting fuel into to see it all work etc,just start the engine up and it will probably die within a few seconds due
to carbs emptying out of oil and petrol.
Now just fill tank with fuel and make sure you add the 2 stroke oil at 50-1 ratio.

and in future you just simply mix fuel and oil 50-1 and enjoy the boat.

standard pump is simply this....fuel tank to fuel pump to carbs !!!! yepit is that simple.

you will not get any low oil alarm, but will still get a over heat alarm should the engine get too hot.

phill