Pressure and Temperatur Gauge Installation

Parachute Adams

Seaman Apprentice
I have ordered a Faria water pressure gauge (30psi) and a Faria cylinder head temperature gauge (60-220F) for my Evinrude E70TLCRD (70hp, 1984).

The install for both are pretty self explanatory.

Water Pressure Gauge:
The instructions say: "On your engine, locate and remove the plug that is screwed into the water-cooling jacket. Replace the plug with the proper size male tube fitting (one 1/8NPTF fitting supplied). Push one end of the supplied tubing securely
onto that fitting."

Now, is this plug where the Tell-Tale is already plumbed into or is there another plug? I want to install a Tee, where the Tell-Tale plumbs into motor, and run the pressure gauge line and the tell-tale. Or, should I locate this plug on the jacket? (Assuming it's not being used for the tell-tale.)

Cylinder Head Temp:
Pretty easy to install, just remove an upper cylinder bolt and attach sender and reattach bolt.

thanks for the clarification

phillnjack2

Ensign
Re: Pressure and Temperatur Gauge Installation

you have answered your own questions realy.
except on the side of the engine is the tell tale pipe fitted there or up on top ?
if its been updated and fitted to top then just use take out the plug on the side of the exhaust cover and fit in there.

or just use a t-piece. i think a pressure guage would be far better than a tell tale completely, as with a guage you can see the readings and take note of them.
if the tell tale went half pressure you would not notice it just by looking back at the engine under power.

phill