Idle Mix needle screw tool for a 1995 Johnson Fast strike (J175GLEOM)

trxxx250r

Seaman
I've called around and no one seems to know what tool is neede to adjust the Rich/Lean idle adjust screws in the Throttle body of this motor? I was told by the local dealer 99% are allen head but mine aren't.

Are they, star, torx, security torx, torx plus, etc.... Maybe an EPA special tool only to be had by NASA or special permission from Obama...?

What's the deal here, I just want to adjust my idle mixture...

It even looks like some of the heads have been filled with some sort of filler so you can't get any tool in there.

daselbee

Commander
Re: Idle Mix needle screw tool for a 1995 Johnson Fast strike (J175GLEOM)

It's a 9/64 allen head. Nothing special.

trxxx250r

Seaman

I tried an allen with no luck. I was looking at it and it looked like it had a weird pattern, I'll take a second look. Thanks.

trxxx250r

Seaman

My applogogies, it is an allen head but it's not a 9/64, I tried that one that was designated out of plastic allen holder and it was too big. So I tried a 1/8 and it was too small. after digging thru my box I found one that fit but I don't know what size it is and it's not marked on the wrench. Something between 1/8 & 9/64

Anyway the reason for the wrench was to check the idle screw settings. I did that and the first two idle screws on the starboard side were 10 & 1/2 out from seat. That seems odd as mosst I've read says 3-5 turns out from all the way in...?

Any comments would be appreciated! Thanks.