Remote Control Problems

FredMc

Cadet
I had to replace the lever lockout on the remote control for my 25 hp J25ELCEB Johnson outboard. The problem Im having is the lockout will not allow the lever to lay flat on the control like it should. Does anyone have a video or a way that I can see how it goes back togehter so I can see what I am doing wrong. Thanks

Fed

Commander
Re: Remote Control Problems

Have you tried it with the throttle cable disconnected at the motor end?

There is a very specific by the book way of installing the cable correctly.

FredMc

Cadet

I have the digram and installed it like it shows but the lever still will not lay flat.

FredMc

Cadet

I have the controll in half no cables attached and itseems to me that the lockout is stoping the lever from going all the way down. would like to see apicture of it installed or a video on how to reinstall it. thanks for the help everyone

FredMc

Cadet

I have taken the lockout back out of the control and placed the lever back into its proper place. Every thing looks right with that. When I reinstall the lockout the lever will not go all the way down. The lockout hits the housing not letting the lever lay in place. So I need to see a picture of the lockout in place or a video of how to install it.

richard ryan

Recruit
i have a 1972 boat with mercury control gong to a 1980 80hp. motor ..it goes in reverse but wont go in forward can any one please help me ..thanks rich

1983 ercoa 21'

Chief Petty Officer
i have a 1972 boat with mercury control gong to a 1980 80hp. motor ..it goes in reverse but wont go in forward can any one please help me ..thanks rich

you should read the rules your highjacking this thread.
start you own in mercury please .
welcome to iboats