130 Evinrude Engine seems to engage electric choke intermittently

Biglakes35

Recruit
My 130 HP Evinrude (1998) gets up to operating speeds for lake watersports, but after 30 seconds to a couple of minutes, it appears that the electric choke engages, leading the engine to drop to around 3,000 rpm's, and vibrate. Reducing the throttle, to drop the RPM's under 3,000 at this point, will stop the vibration, however, I have to shut the engine completely off and then restart it every time it does this to restore normal performance (where engine can run > 3,000) . I can emulate this engine behavior by pressing in the key at cruising operating speeds (3 - 5,000 RPM's) to engage the electric choke, therefore I believe its a problem related to this. Although I plan to get the boat serviced to address, I unable to get boat in for servicing quickly, therefore I was hoping to simply disconnect the electric choke if possible in the interim and stay at the lake to continue watersports.
1Q) Is it the electric choke?
2Q) is there one wire I can disconnect and operate the engine normally?

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: 130 Evinrude Engine seems to engage electric choke intermittently

Read the rules at the top of the forum and stick to one post as it's less confusing !! There's a reply in your other post. Thank you.