89 evinrude 50hp water hose??

mrkingnh

Seaman Apprentice
Have an 89 evinrude E50tlcec. Cannot find a water hose? Bought boat with lower unit in back of boat. I am about to reassemble after rebuilding the gear case. There is no hose present that goes into the water pump? any ideas on what I should be searching for? The lower unit and water pump diagrams do not show a hose

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: 89 evinrude 50hp water hose??

Isn't this a duplicate post?
There is no water hose going from the pump to the power head, there is a copper tube. Use a flashlight and look up in the exhaust housing and you should see it, it will mate up to the grommet on the water pump.
The parts breakdown shows the water tube, look at the gearcase breakdown, above the water pump.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

There should be a metal pick up tube that comes down from the power head, look up in the mid section, you should see it or a hole where it should be.

mrkingnh

Seaman Apprentice

Isn't this a duplicate post?
There is no water hose going from the pump to the power head, there is a copper tube. Use a flashlight and look up in the exhaust housing and you should see it, it will mate up to the grommet on the water pump.
The parts breakdown shows the water tube, look at the gearcase breakdown, above the water pump.

The parts breakdown does not show the tube...

Evinrude 40, 48, 50 HP Gearcase (1989-2003) Exploded View - iboats

mrkingnh

Seaman Apprentice

It looks like the WATER is sent to the power head on this particular model, via the exhaust housing itself? All I see on the exhaust housing... is a con-caved shape that allows for the grommet to sit into. The grommet that attaches directly to the exhaust housing. Not sure if there is a tube behind the con-caved area or not? definitely does not look like there is?

Ill send pics later...???

#STUCKONSTUPIDHERE>LOL>!!#