1965 Johnson JW20B Fuel Pump?

cckemm

Recruit
This is a 1965 Johnson JW20B 3hp.

It has a fuel pump and a connection for an external tank, only problem is that it shouldn't be there, but looks factory. I can find nothing in any of the parts diagrams that shows this setup.

Can I bypass this for the moment and run the line from the integral tank directly to the carb? From what I was told when I got the motor they couldn't get gas to the carb, I am guessing this is the problem.

Cannot find any markings on the fuel pump except a small m at the bottom right corner of the pump. I would certainly love to find a rebuild kit for it.

Chris

Photo1.jpg

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1965 Johnson JW20B Fuel Pump?

It was an option so you could switch back and forth, and a good option!

cckemm

Recruit

ok, if it was an option means there should be a rebuild kit for that particular pump. Anybody have any idea where to look for that, I tried looking at the bigger motor parts lists for the same year thinking I would find it there, just must be poking in the wrong place to find it.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

OMC did not make fuel pump kits back in those days. Furthermore, that particular pump is obsolete. I believe a 18-7820 repair kit (OMC 393103) will come close, but can't say 100% sure.