Please Please HELP HELP HELP!!!!!! 1995 Evinrude 115 HP Outboard

mschraer

Cadet
Ok i've posted on here several times about problems with my engine.

What I've done so far
* Rebuilt and replaced bowls on Carbs
* Removed cleaned and installed new gas and Oil
* removed oil Injection (followed instructions in Clymer Book)
* Replaced all fuel lines and Bulb
* Replaced gasket and o-ring on ful filter
* Took apart fuel pump and seemed to be OK

The problem I had before all this was it would go to about 1/3 throttle and then bogg down. Then once I did all of this it will now plane but it's only running at 2/3 power it seems. When I have it throttled all the way and I squeeze the bulb it wants to go full power but doesn't. What am I missing? Anything anyone can suggest would be appreciated.

Could it be the fuel pump even though it looked ok inside? Some one mentioned the little piston inside the fuel/oil pump that I should remove it because it sometimes gets stuck???

Please help
I don't want to take it to a shop and spend more money on it. BTW it starts first try and idles great.

Michael Schraer:confused:

irocz_man

Cadet
Re: Please Please HELP HELP HELP!!!!!! 1995 Evinrude 115 HP Outboard

Onboard or portable fuel tank?
And regardless of which one you have, have you tried a different fuel supply?

mschraer

Cadet

Onboard

I have replaced all the fuel lines and primer bulb from the tank back as well as cleaning the tank and removing all fuel.

HenryB

Petty Officer 1st Class

As suggested, change the fuel supply. Faults in the pickup tube and vent lines can be eliminated. Then if the problem remains have a squirt of gas handy to introduce into the carb’s while underway while keeping an eye on the bulb for any sign of collapsing.

Check the compression and the spark health. Us an adjustable gap spark tester, available at auto supply stores for short money, and set the gap at 7/16” and look for a healthy spark at each plug, probably needs to be done undercover or at dusk. A screw-in type compression tester comes in handy if you are doing this all by yourself.

HenryB

Petty Officer 1st Class

Your engine has a quick start feature that advances the spark timing when the engine is cold. It is not needed if the engine is running. If it stays engaged after warm up it can do strange things with the motor. There is a way to disable the feature by disconnecting a few wires.

mschraer

Cadet

how do you disable that feature?

HenryB

Petty Officer 1st Class

Double-check me on this; the procedure is available on this site doing a search.

Disconnect the bayonet connector at the white/black wire coming from the top of the port cylinder.

Remove the power pack cover and disconnect the bayonet connection at the yellow/red wire to the power pack.

Ground the white/black wire at the power pack.

Will Bark

Lieutenant

After you check all fuel lines for air leaks and know that your pickup tube is ok and you still have no joy; your squeezing the primer ball and getting it to almost pickup would indicate that your fuel pump is beginning to fail. since you are premixing you can change to a regular fuel pump but you need one of the gurus to tell you which pump to use and how to do it. Good luck

pn

Petty Officer 1st Class

double up your pumps.IMG106.jpg

mschraer

Cadet

float bowls ..... that was it