1993 Evinrude 48

BayBoyz

Recruit
Howdy..I am having a few problems with are boat...we took it out a month ago for the first time and it ran great untill coming back to the dock before we got there it started to cut off and we had to hold the choke in for it to stay runnin to make it back...we thought that the carbs needed a cleaning so we parked it untill we were both able to get together and clean them. I am an Auto Mechanic but this thing is kicking our asses.....

On to the cleaning..we started to take the carbs apart. We took the carbs off the engine then took the bowl off and cleaned everything up with carb cleaner. that was done on both of them. We even cleaned the little pin size looking thing in side the bowl that goes thru the carb. We did that on both of them and then stuck everything back together and no start. We took the plugs out and they were wet with gas. We dryed them off and stuck them back in and it would sounds like it would start then nothin would happen. again we take the plugs out and they are wet. dry them off and again the same thing no start. we then took the tops off and seeing they were clean inside they were put right back together. It sounds like to mean that its flooding some how but were. I have been reading about jets and floats. I am guessing that the floats or in the bowls but do you adjust them and what about the jets..We are so lost and in this knee deep. We are missing crab season and we need to get in the water please help lol

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1993 Evinrude 48

Are the needle and seats good ?? Do you have the float levels set correctly ?? Will the spark jump a 7/16 " open air gap on a spark tester ??