Evinrude 225 1993 - fuel solenoid

mmallette

Recruit
Motor was cranking and running fine until I replaced the red manual valve on fuel solenoid. It was cracked and leaking fuel so i changed it following the direction. After it was changed... the gas leak caused the epoxy to soften and the electrical part slide out of the solenoid body. I got a used body and repaced the internal parts with mine. Now it will not start...unless i keep trying and trying.When it does crank , it run fine and cranks easy for a day or two. I pulled the main gas line from solenoid and gas flows when cranking but when the small line are disconnected (with the main line in place) no gas flows(some bubbles and a couple of drops) out even when i push key in and turn motor over. The solenoid is making a clicking sound when the key is pushed in. I have replace plugs, filters, fuel line and bulb.

angus63

Captain
Re: Evinrude 225 1993 - fuel solenoid

Hi! You'll want to post this in the evinrude outboard section. I am sure it will be moved by a moderator shortly. Good Luck!

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Sounds like something is not put together correctly in the solenoid.

mmallette

Recruit

I will take apart and make sure it is together proplerly. Only thing i can remeber that could be wrong is the gasket seal...maybe upside down or rotated? The other parts are put together from the diagram. How do you know the correct way this seal position?

mmallette

Recruit

I will take apart and make sure it is together proplerly. Only thing i can remeber that could be wrong is the gasket seal...maybe upside down or rotated? The other parts are put together from the diagram. How do you know the correct way this seal position?

I took apart and the gasket was backwards and upside down...i think. I changed it around a it started somewhat easy but will try againg later this week to make sure. I will post if works so the next person knows to watch out for gasket placement.

mmallette

Recruit

Well, it is offical....i had the gasket upside down and backwards. When putting this back together, make sure the gasket is in place correctly. I cranked the motor today after 4 days of not running.....