Is 90 psi in each cylinder good for an 80s 15 hp evinrude?

PoorBaylinerGuy

Seaman Apprentice
It's for sale owner says runs great I can test run buy and return in a week if I dont like it, but he I asked and he said the psi is 90 in each cylinder and it was good for a pull start. Is that good?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Re: Is 90 psi in each cylinder good for an 80s 15 hp evinrude?

Doesn't sound like deal killer to me. I mean he offered a week's return deal and being a pull start will yield a little lower numbers. If the price is right, I'd take it...

gm280

Supreme Mariner

Is 500 good?

Seems a little steep, but I haven't seen the engine to give a better opinion... I do know a lot of engine that size are selling for a lot less. But again I don't know the true condition other then your posted comments... I'd offer maybe in the 300 to 400 dollar range myself...

PoorBaylinerGuy

Seaman Apprentice

I apreciate the advice Ty and I'm gonna go ahead and pass on it then thanks again!

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Compression testers vary. beg, steal or borrow one and do the test yourself before buying it. That and the other usual checks (lower unit oil, spark etc) should give you a reasonable picture of the motors health before parting with any cash that the seller may not be too willing to give back after the weeks trial.