91 Johnson 9.9 steering conversion

ripperace

Cadet
Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but I'm on my phone, and searching becomes a pain with it. Anyway, I'm rigging a 91 Johnson 9.9 onto a 16 foot Polar Kraft that is already set up for remote steer. The problem is the motor was an electric tiller model without the through tilt steering tube. There used to be an adapter that mounted under the transom clamps that had the provision to attach the steering cable to it and it had an extended arm that ran from the cable to the motor. It basically added a tube for the cable to afix to that came as a complete kit. I had one before on a 25 I used to own, but I'll be damned if I can find the same kit now. Anyone ever seen or heard of these style kits? They really make for a clean install, and I don't really want to use those kits that attach to the end of the cable. Any help would be appreciated.

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: 91 Johnson 9.9 steering conversion

Are you driving when you're on your phone ?? LOL

ripperace

Cadet

Well I came for an honest answer not a smart *** comment.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Sorry about that, didn't know you couldn't take a joke ! Anyway I don't have an answer for your question. Maybe someone else does.

ripperace

Cadet

Its all good. Just was really hoping somebody had an answer, seen someone replied, was hoping for some info, and got disappointed is all. Not that I can't take a joke.