Evinrude switch off itself and don't restart

iziox32'

Recruit
Good morning,

I write from Italy. I have a problem with one of my two BRP Evinrude 250 2004. An engine sometimes turns itself off. If I try to restart it nothing happens and does not emit any sound. The tachometer saw the first 3 lights are on but no alarm will sound. I tried to reverse the engine tachometer, the problem occurs again in the same way smpere on the same engine, but does not stay on no lights on the tachometer. The motor will restart after a few minutes and everything returns to normal. The problem presents itself in pricipalemnte deceleration during.
I did make a diagnosis by a mechanic Evinrude but without any response, no error stored.

I hope some of you can help me. I do not really know how to get on.

Anchor Management 1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Evinrude switch off itself and don't restart

I have seen the same problem and every time it was the computer.

iziox32'

Recruit

It 's weird, the mechanic Evinrude checked me and told me that the ECU has never exceeded 60 ? c. It could be some relay or fuse oxidized?

Anchor Management 1

Petty Officer 1st Class

The ECU I sent in to BRP would not turn the starter over .BRP said the ECU was getting hot and after a few minutes would cool down and work again till it got hot again and the lights on the dash came on.

daselbee

Commander

Ok this is a common problem as Anchor says. There is another long thread on this site. Well worth your time to search for it. I have posted on it as well, if you want to search my userid to help find it. This is called the "three light salute". Personally, I feel it is a fractured solder joint on the EMM board, when it heats up, it causes the three lights, and no fuel pump and no starter. There are others that feel differently. Read that post....you will be glad you did.

daselbee

Commander

Just search for the word "salute"..It is the third hit down in the list, last post on June 13, I think, by me.