Etec possibly smoking?

sublauxation

Lieutenant
I was wondering if anybody has any ideas if this is could be a problem or easily explained by conditions.

Over the weekend I was pulling the kids on a tube with my 2006 90hp Etec. We were doing mostly circles probably 150-200 feet in diameter at about 3000 RPM's. After a couple circles my son was waved for me to stop and right away I noticed what looked like smoke coming from the cooling water port. It didn't smell oily and didn't look blue. Actually it didn't seem to smell at all. I couldn't tell if water was coming from the water port when we were circling but it did come out at idle, it felt warm but not hot. It "smoked" for about 20 seconds then stopped. We didn't have the same problem when going in straight lines or with less turning so I did some more tight circles and it happened again. The system check alarms seemed to be working and none of them went off. I've never replaced the impeller but I have less than 100 hours on it. Not sure if it makes a difference but it was an extremely humid day at about 70 degrees. The oil reservoir was full and I'm using XD-100 oil. The cooling system definitely picked up some weeds because there were some stuck to the outlet port but the water stream was solid. I thought maybe it was steam but the water coming out the port was warm to the touch each time I checked but definitely not hot.

Thanks for any and all thoughts!