1996 johnson 130 fuel pump

seaswirl96

Recruit
can you rebuild these pumps the price on a new VRO is crazy model j130txada 1996 johnson130 where can I find the rebuild kit

seaswirl96

Recruit
Re: 1996 johnson 130 fuel pump

it starts I idle out of harbor throttle up goes 200 yards and powers down and shuts off manuel pump with bulb does the same thing used kicker to come back in checked for leaks could only see leaks out of carbs when I pressed bulb to much

schematic

Lieutenant Junior Grade

If you are getting the same symptoms when using the primer bulb, its not likely the pump. I would check for water in fuel and for spark when it dies.

That pump can give delivery problems, but it would function normally with the primer assistance.
That poor pump gets blamed for everythin!

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Look for something else as it doesn't sound like the fuel pump. When's the last time the carbs were cleaned ??

HenryB

Petty Officer 1st Class

If you have a reserve tank, hook it up after the problem occurs and see if there is a change.

I had a gas tank pickup tube fail on a 1989 C.C. (some of the plastic bit broke off) and a similar situation. As soon as I got up on plane the motor would starve right out. When the boat settled there was enough fuel level for the plastic bit to pickup and keep the engine running until the fuel level dropped below the level of the pickup tube.

seaswirl96

Recruit

the carbs were rebuilt last year and the motor did run while I manuly pumped the ball I was worried using the ball that it would not get the oil

schematic

Lieutenant Junior Grade

it starts I idle out of harbor throttle up goes 200 yards and powers down and shuts off manuel pump with bulb does the same thing used kicker to come back in checked for leaks could only see leaks out of carbs when I pressed bulb to much

the carbs were rebuilt last year and the motor did run while I manuly pumped the ball I was worried using the ball that it would not get the oil

Does it run when pumping the ball.....or not?

seaswirl96

Recruit

I found a new one on ebay for 324 orderd i should have it thursday