60 HP Evinrude e60elcsr

rodpaulrod

Cadet
I have a question. I forgot this engine has a thermostat to it. Now i start the engine and let it run a little while and it turn off because i do see any water coming out the hose that connects to the engine and points out to the water behind the engine. There use to be water coming out of this hose. I got the water pump working 60 HP Evinrude model: E60ELCSR cooling issueimages here . But there's no water coming out the little hose which, looks like it 3/16 inch thick . I think some people call the telltale hose. So what temperature does the engine need to be so that water will come out that hose so that the thermostat will open?

WernerF

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 60 HP Evinrude e60elcsr

Water should always come out there, cold or warm.
How do you know that the water pump is working?
Are you sure the telltale hose isn't clogged? Happens quite often.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

The water gets to the telltale hose BEFORE the thermostat, therefor the thermostat has no effect on it.

rodpaulrod

Cadet

Okay the telltale hose connects to the screw cover
(p#0325308 COVER,Water passage) on the engine at the 90 degree ELBOW. I going to remove the hose there. I already have. Ran the engine and no water came out. Okay my guess is there some sand clogging it up keeping the water coming up. between and the water pump and cover. So i going to connect by compressed air hose tight and put maybe put 60 lbs of air into that screw cover opening where the hose use to be. Try to blow the clog out from behind from the top.
Because you told me that the water comes in that way first. So no need to even thing about the thermostat.
PS: I know the pump is working because before i worked on it, no water came out of two like cut about 2 feet above the water pump.
I got the engine lower part in a trash can filled with water, when i run it. So the only way water could come out there so fast was with a good working pump.