50hp Johnson 1998 2 stroke oil leaking down shaft

J.seas2

Recruit
Hi all I have a oil injected 50hp SPL 1998 outboard that I am having some problems with . I have had the outboard 7 years now I use it about 8 times a year and start the outboard up regularly and do the plugs & gear box oil every year my self as last lime I took it in for a service thay rebuilt the carbies and put a new stater and a new alarm in a charged me $1420. I can not a forward a bill like this . So I would like to try and fix this my self with a little help from some one out there.
Now when I start hear up I have a lot of excess smoke for 5 minuets and about 2 to 4 hours later of it just sitting there is a lot of blue 2 stroke oil dripping down the shaft & sitting on the back of the plate above the prop were the sharf comes through to the gear box. If any one can help me diagnose this problem it would grate i will add a Photo as I,m new to this I,m not shore how i will go doing this. Any one how could give me some advice i would be really grateful thank you regards Jarrad.

J.seas2

Recruit
Re: 50hp Johnson 1998 2 stroke oil leaking down shaft

Hi . Sorry I got the photo the wrong way around . & the oil looks more blue then the photo is showing. I had the outboard running today and noticed that it squirted fuel out from the Around the Red leaver (fuel primer solenoid ) when you press the key chock button in .and slowly dripping when motor is turned off
I would just like to no does oil and fuel go through the solenoid or just fuel .
I found the solenoid number 0437238 I would just like to no can this problem also corse the outboard to smoke a lot on start up and smoke a little when running . Do I need to buy a hole new solenoid for my outboard or could I buy a repair kit for it From some were ? And try fix my self .
Any one how could reply with some help for me on this would be much appreciated .