150 hp johnson 1999

phoenixgold2100

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey guys just a quick question here....

I am running an inline filter in my Johnson 150 and I am wondering if I even need the stock one in the front of the engine...

Just wondering if maybe it needs the back pressure or the filter to slow down the fuel a bit? I just don't see the point in running two filters....

The screens would have to be cut out as I need the elbow tube to screw into the intake.. Thanks.

HenryB

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 150 hp johnson 1999

I'm pretty sure it's called “belt and suspenders”. I keep them both, but if it does any good I cannot tell.

I change the clear plastic one next to the motor every year without fail, though.

Because, if the smaller clear plastic one next to the motor is yellow and over a year old it may be doing some damage. I would remove it for a look. They soften up and the filter section comes loose and deteriorates as they age.

I do the same with my water separator filter to be safe. I have yet to find any filter marked for use with ethanol fuel.

What is your motor model? I am not following the screen and elbow comment.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Re: 150 hp johnson 1999

No leave it in as it will not hinder flow but change every 2 years...It is a 10micro filter and will catch any fuel line debris from inboat filter to VRO/OMS