60' Evinrude coil & condensor question

Olias

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I'm working on an old Evinrude and have had things apart for a couple weeks now and can't remember for sure if all 3 wires from the condenser and coil go onto the one post on the points. There's a black one from the condenser, and a black and green one from the bottom area of the coil. BTW..there is also one black wire that I never unattached that is from the back center of the coil which is grounded to a completely different screw up on top of the coil mount. I'm not talking about that one. Here's a pic to help what I'm describing...

Attachments

• EvinrudeWiringA_zpsa4dc2a7d.jpg
    EvinrudeWiringA_zpsa4dc2a7d.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 0

james__12345

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 60' Evinrude coil & condensor question

Are you sure that other black wire doesn't come up through the plate and run to your kill switch? If its the kill switch wire then yes, it goes there too. If it actually comes from the coil, then I don't know, because my coils only have two wires, the one that you have on the mounting screw, and the green one.

Olias

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thank you for the response. No, I'm not sure it doesn't come from the kill switch. I will remove the plate and look closer. Does your kill switch have 2 wires and does one go on the other post (points) as well? Because I have that same wire coming from somewhere below on the other set of points as well. So currently I have 3 wires on each points post (or what ever it's called). Are you saying that if they both come from the kill switch that they do indeed go onto the posts with the green and other black wire? Confused yet? I am. HaHa :facepalm:

-B-

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Picture is correct. 3 wires to each set of points. One from coil, one from condenser, one from kill switch. Same thing on other points set.

Olias

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

-B-