Evinrude engine cover seal replacement

fefel

Recruit
Hi, I'm looking for a replacement for a Evinrude engine cover seal Model #0342420. Distributor says that the part is obsolete and is no longer available. If somebody knows any Sie that sells replacements, I wil apreciate the information. Thank you. Fefel. :)

nwcove

Admiral
Re: Evinrude engine cover seal replacement

welcome to iboats fefel !! not sure about the model # you posted tho? do you know the year and hp? ( nymarine may be of help)

fefel

Recruit

Evinrude 175hp, year 2000, but their book says that a lot of engines uses the same part.

phillnjack2

Ensign

wow
i just checked that out as well, terrible to think you cant get a simple part like that for a year 2000 engine.

phill

nwcove

Admiral

i would contact nymarine, and send a pick of the profile of the gasket ( one of the ends). he may have the right material, but you would have to specify the right length. its worth a shot!

daselbee

Commander

A good dealer will search the dealer net parts availability and see if there is one in stock anywhere. Did he do that? If none available, your next stop is an engine junkyard.

zenwriter

Seaman Apprentice

Had the same issue with Year 2000 90 HP Johnson.

Go to a site that has many years of Johnson/Evinrude parts, including the exploded diagrams and part numbers, and find a similar year model where the part is not marked as obsolete (they don't make a lot of cover seals) If you think about it, most years before & after will work. Also E. and J. use the same parts. It will cost about 2x as much as the "obsolete" seal, but you can order the seal that way. I got mine at boats dot net.

Hi, I'm looking for a replacement for a Evinrude engine cover seal Model #0342420. Distributor says that the part is obsolete and is no longer available. If somebody knows any Sie that sells replacements, I wil apreciate the information. Thank you. Fefel. :)

wrmdunker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I did a restoration on my 1974 70hp evinrude and the seal was rotten. Could not find a replacement. Ended up using a coil of automotive edge trim. Vinyl, black, flexible and had a tear-away seal strip that exposed the adhesive. Very happy. Should be able to see it in my link to my restoration

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

That is very odd, I got a factory replacement hood seal for my 1977 Johnson just a few months ago online. What I would do is start checking up or down in years for the same motor, the materials are all the same just different lengths. They also have a cross check on same part number for which model they will fit in differnt years and HP.

Johnson Evinrude Outboard Motor Parts by Year 1955 to 2011