1962 Johnson CD19S, 5.5 hp

SS Guppy

Recruit
Brand spanking new to this whole boating thing but as I draw nearer to the half century mark i have decided to purchase a project! Ended up with a 1968 12' Starcraft which i have now nearly completed restoring and putting in a wood floor. Next is the engine which is a 1962 CD 19S 5.5 HP which started right up but never pumped any water so i shut her down and have now taken it apart. Maybe a huge mistake as I am not the most gifted mechanic and have little patience. Now that i have removed the powerhead and lower unit to get to the impeller it will be time to put it back together. Any help on where I can find gaskets ( between powerhead and body of engine)?
Also the gasket under that is under the powerhead and attached to the shaft? I have search around here but cannot not anything other than tune up kits.
Any help greatly appreciated- I mean any pointers, tips, anything on this motor that anyone may know!

Thanks

OptsyEagle

Lieutenant
Re: 1962 Johnson CD19S, 5.5 hp

The lower crankcase has a seal that should be replaced if you want the motor to last another 50 years. Part number 303355 or Sierra 18-2892. Any local Evinrude Johnson dealer should be able to order them if they don't have them in stock. The Sierra number for the base gasket is 18-2901.

When you push up the lower unit make sure you guide the copper tube into the grommet of the water pump. The design does not always align those two without a little help.