1961 evinrude 75hp wiring

boatman6929

Cadet
Hello new the the forum and site just picked up a 61 evinrude thats missing some parts i know for 1 its missing the coil but what i came here to find out if anyone can help me is to find out where the wiring that comes out of the stator leads to by looking at pictures i believ it goes into the boat for charging but i am not sure im unable to find the wiring that runs to the stator so i was hoping to find where it goes and make the wiring for it.... i have included a picture i found on the web of the wiring in question .... thanks tony

Attachments

• 100_0646.jpg
    100_0646.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 0

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1961 evinrude 75hp wiring

So....obviously you don't have the wiring in the boat. There is a large junction box, cables, etc., etc. Main components in the junction box are a voltage regulator, diodes, heat sinks, connectors and cables. Further forward are the ignition switch, ammeter, indicator lights, etc. That stuff is worth more than the whole rest of the motor.

EDIT: See it here. Picture added

Attachments

• 18. Junction Box.jpg
    18. Junction Box.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 0

boatman6929

Cadet

So....obviously you don't have the wiring in the boat. There is a large junction box, cables, etc., etc. Main components in the junction box are a voltage regulator, diodes, heat sinks, connectors and cables. Further forward are the ignition switch, ammeter, indicator lights, etc. That stuff is worth more than the whole rest of the motor.

EDIT: See it here. Picture added

Hello thanks for the answer .... i do have the wiring for the boat with what i believe is the junction box ... but it is not for the 61 evinrude motor i should of wrote the question better what i am really asking is which wires on the stator do what and get what power from where? so that i can hook this motor into the junction box i have mounted on the boat already... thanks again .... just wanted to add one set of wires has 2 yellow wires and other set has one red and one blue wire.....

orbanp

Petty Officer 1st Class

In the "Top Secret Files", first posting in the forum, there are links the wiring diagrams and service manuals.

Good luck, Peter