evinrude 1985 75 hp problems

weejohn

Cadet
I have threaded no 1 cylinder the spark plug had taken all the threads with it .i have taken the cylinder head of and also noticed the head gasket was blown also some fine scores on my bores . I only fish in shore so i have taken all the carbon of and just putting a new head gasket back on i also use a back up 4hp engine , . when i put the head gasket back on it should run OK the only thing is that i will loose some power because of the scratches on the bores i can just feel them with my nail just slightly if i am wrong about this please let me know . i am going to put a spark plug insert in the hole but i don't know what size i need .i read on the net that is is a m14 1.25 if any of you can conform this then i will get it .thanks .the local garage does not know the size that i need

Last edited:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Re: evinrude 1985 75 hp problems

Why can't you take one of the other plugs out and measure it for the correct threaded insert...? If you have no way to actually measure it, take the plug with you to the parts store OR a machine shop...

weejohn

Cadet
Re: evinrude 1985 75 hp problems

gm280 i have been to the local auto-shop they don't know i will phone a few machine shops . cheers