1997 Johnson 150 ignition switch

Bulldog man

Recruit
I just bought a 1998 Javelin 379B with a 150hp Johnson and it will start without a lanyard and I don't see a place to even hook the lanyard in on the current switch, which is a 3 pos push to choke. I just need a p/n and will replace the switch. I know State regs and Bass tourneys require it. I am just confused on trying to find the right p/n to order one.

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1997 Johnson 150 ignition switch

If it's the original switch, go to a BRP dlr and pick up a lanyard. It goes on the ign switch itself. It was designed this way.

And if all else fails you can install an after market kill switch. One side goes to the yellow/black wire coming off the ignition switch and the other side goes to ground (black). Some aftermarket kill switches have two contacts, you'll need to use the contact that closes (shorts) when the lanyard is pulled.

Bulldog man

Recruit

And if all else fails you can install an after market kill switch. One side goes to the yellow/black wire coming off the ignition switch and the other side goes to ground (black). Some aftermarket kill switches have two contacts, you'll need to use the contact that closes (shorts) when the lanyard is pulled.

Ty I do have a lanyard clip and have tried it on that switch ,looks like maybe some of the plastic may have got broke off in the past. I will just stop by one of the local marine places and see what they may have in stock. I apperciate your feedback.