Looking for help with evinrude year

darreng

Recruit
I purchased a used 1978 omni bass boat about 6 weeks ago and am working on getting ready for the water. The last two days, I've noticed my propeller only goes 1 way (reverse). I think I have a broken throttle cable and need to replace it. The problem is, I don't know what year my evinrude 115 hp motor is in order to buy the correct cable. I have a cousin who introduced me to this forum. He uses it frequently. He told me to register and put down my two identification numbers on my motor and someone on here could help me figure out the year. Well, here goes. SN 39445414F02 and the only other ID number I can find is RPH039445, and it's on a little bubble like thing to the left of the serial number. Can anyone help me?

Re: Looking for help with evinrude year

welcome

can you look on your motor for a freeze plug its about the size of a quarter (looks like a disc) and it will have a number writen on it. Or on the side of the transom there should be a number. If its around a 1978 it will start with 115*******

darreng

Recruit
Re: Looking for help with evinrude year

welcome

can you look on your motor for a freeze plug its about the size of a quarter (looks like a disc) and it will have a number writen on it. Or on the side of the transom there should be a number. If its around a 1978 it will start with 115*******

Thanks for the welcome. You were spot on with that tip about the number. I went back out and finally found a small plate screwed into a bracket next to the transom covered in dust with the following numbers: 115999R and a different serial number as well J0003555. I hope this helps.