Johnson 65 HP Commercial WOT issue

diskace

Recruit
Hi guys,

im having an issue with my johnson 65hp 2 stroke 1999. When it run at WOT it is bogging. The engine will go WOT sometimes but most of the time it's not able and i have to keep the throttle at 80% so it's smooth.

Spark plugs were replaced.
All the fuel lines were replaced + fuel filter.

It's very weird that sometimes it will go WOT smooth and sometimes not. Any suggestion ?

Re: Johnson 65 HP Commercial WOT issue

I know u said new lines and filter but alot of new lines suck air i always put real clamps on mine see if when u squeeze bulb if it gets hard see if any gas comeing out where the clamps are it could be lots of things though your going to have to try the high idle screw and see if the adjustment is right to specs you really dont know sometimes so try it all one step at a time

diskace

Recruit

I know u said new lines and filter but alot of new lines suck air i always put real clamps on mine see if when u squeeze bulb if it gets hard see if any gas comeing out where the clamps are it could be lots of things though your going to have to try the high idle screw and see if the adjustment is right to specs you really dont know sometimes so try it all one step at a time

I went on the lake yesterday and tried with a different gas tank. Same story.

The bulb does not seems to get very hard so i checked the fuel hoses that goes into the 3 cylinder intakes and it does not seems like it's leaking anywhere.

Kind of odd and thinking would it be possible the leak occur in the intake portion of the carburator ?

I had one did that and just put new fuel filter and tighten lines and it was alright after that but u said u put new filter did u try carb cleaner how old are the carb gaskets and why did u decide to put the new stuff was it acting up before if so what was it doing