1971 25hp johnson drive shaft bearing

harleydude446

Recruit
1971 25 hp johnson model#25R71S the needle bearing came apart and the rest of the bearing is stuck in lower housing any tips on how to get it out without missing up lower housing?

Re: 1971 25hp johnson drive shaft bearing

Hey welcome to iboats im not forsure on how to do it but i would type in lower housing on here and try to find a link i dont ever get responeses this early in the morning try again about 8 in the morning maybe someone will help i dont want you to wait around for hours with no response it doent sound good though have you worked on these before it may be good to order a book on your engine a good book you have to watch out for the ones on ebay go to evinrude .com and type in your motor they may have diagrams you can print out tells you were every part gos just find your model number or type in your model number on google and type diagram see what pops up good luck

Cap'n Chaos

Petty Officer 1st Class

You're talking about the bearing underneath the drive shaft seal in the gearcase, right?

Part # 0383829 ?

harleydude446

Recruit

yes that is the bearing can any body give me a good answer i have been grinding at it with a dremil I dont want to mess up the housing has anybody had the same problem?

harleydude446

Recruit

split both sides of bearing with a dremil and chiseled it out I did it my way