Johnson/Evinrude Color Codes

surveywaters

Cadet
I have been trying for a while to find the right touch up for my 1971 Evinrude Fisherman 6102g. I thought a thread with charts, refferences and actual color codes for specific models would be helpful. Plus, I need to know which blue is mine!
Here is the best chart I've found
Problem is, there is a Light Blue, a Dark Blue and an Engine Blue listed for 1971. How do I know which is mine?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Re: Johnson/Evinrude Color Codes

I have been trying for a while to find the right touch up for my 1971 Evinrude Fisherman 6102g. I thought a thread with charts, refferences and actual color codes for specific models would be helpful. Plus, I need to know which blue is mine!
Here is the best chart I've found
Problem is, there is a Light Blue, a Dark Blue and an Engine Blue listed for 1971. How do I know which is mine?

Since you already have a chart I don't know if this will help you or not. But my factory service shop manual actually specifies the color code for the year engine I have...and all colors used that year on the engine. So maybe you could find a factory shop manual for yours as well and look at their codes for that year engine too...just a thought.

surveywaters

Cadet

That is helpful, I think. Where in the manual did you find this information?

gm280

Supreme Mariner

That is helpful, I think. Where in the manual did you find this information?

Okay I spoke out of turn. Where I actually saw those factory color codes was not in my shop manual like I thought but on here. That information is available on here in the Johnson parts section for the year, model number and HP rating of the engine (my engine). You should look at the Evinrude parts section and then the year, model and HP rating of your engine to zero in to your parts. Then select the Motor Cover Group and there should be a box located in the upper right-hand section of the IPB (Illustrated Parts Breakdown) section with the Factory color codes listed for every color they used for that model including all the colors on the cowling as well.

surveywaters

Cadet

I have never looked up parts on iboats. I can not figure out how to navigate to specific years. Just outboard/evinrude. This is very frustrating. I don't see micrphiche or OMC parts anywhere on iboats.

I have however gone to several other sires and looked through the microphiche. I have looked at the cowl phiche and not seen any paint codes. I didn't see one on any of the parts diagrams. That was what my link above instructs doing.