2000 Evinrude 4 Stroke 9.9 longshaft lower unit removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honner

Recruit
I suspect I have a burnt out impellar. I have tried to remove the lower unit but I cannot figure out how to disconnect the gear shifter rod. I've tried undoing the six bolts above and below the spacer, but have found nothing. It does not seem to be in any of the logical places. I understand this was the last model made before bankruptcy. Can anyone help?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
The shift rod is very long and goes all the way up to near the carburetor.---Take the cowling off.---Move the shift lever and you will see where to disconnect it.

Dclucas66

Cadet
So these newer 9.9's are not like the older ones at all then? I still dont see how removing it from up my the shift lever will allow me to remove the lower unit.

Dclucas66

Cadet
Well it worked like a champ. Awesome thanks! Impeller was trashed. Got one on order. Thanks again.

FishingHenry

Recruit
I hope you guys still around on this thread. 2000 Evinrude, I disconnected the gear shaft down by the prop, there was 2 bolts 1 long 1 short. I removed the 6 bolts, and the lower unit only falls 1 inch. Please help, is there another screw, clamp, or bolt anywhere?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
What HP are you talking about !!-----Post your model # so we can compare apples to apples.-------Likely you need to disconnect a shift rod.---------Post as much information as you can !

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I hope you guys still around on this thread. 2000 Evinrude, I disconnected the gear shaft down by the prop, there was 2 bolts 1 long 1 short. I removed the 6 bolts, and the lower unit only falls 1 inch. Please help, is there another screw, clamp, or bolt anywhere?

FishingHenry Please read the Help Tip on top of the page and start a new thread and give a little information like what motor you're working on.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.