OMC throttle control removal - help!

tryhard

Cadet
Hi all,

I have searched, but I am not clear on what I need to do, to remove the throttle lever, so I can access the trim switch.

Do I need to split the control box (that is, remove the four screws on the back)?

I have loosened the Hex head screw (Red arrow) & given it a couple of sharp raps with the hammer, but the lever seems to be firmly fixed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 205.jpg
    205.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 206.jpg
    206.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 0

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: OMC throttle control removal - help!

Give it a few more hard raps. Thats the only thing that will get the lever off. No need to split the box.

reiddo1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi all,

I have searched, but I am not clear on what I need to do, to remove the throttle lever, so I can access the trim switch.

Do I need to split the control box (that is, remove the four screws on the back)?

I have loosened the Hex head screw (Red arrow) & given it a couple of sharp raps with the hammer, but the lever seems to be firmly fixed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
It is the same configuration as mine, except mine has the tilt trim on the dash. Also remove the screws; there are three on mine. These cases have dowels for alignment and my guess is that these are tight. Work all the way around the perimeter split with a flat screw driver and be careful not to bruise the casing edges. With patience, it will come apart.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Do what I said in post # 2. Been there.

tryhard

Cadet

Great - thanks.

Problem solved - just needed to be a little less "girly" & hit it harder!

thanks for the replies.