1997 Model Johnson 35hp Tiller

ehenry

Commander
I'm looking at this purchasing engine off craigslist to replace a blown Merc I have. Does anyone know of any "known" issues with this particular model engine? The owner claims 110 lbs of compression on both cylinders. Owner claims he buys, sells, and trades boats and engines and this is the reason he's selling. He also claims engine runs good and will put it in the water and run for me if I'd like.

jasper60103

Commander
Re: 1997 Model Johnson 35hp Tiller

I'm looking at this purchasing engine off craigslist to replace a blown Merc I have. Does anyone know of any "known" issues with this particular model engine? The owner claims 110 lbs of compression on both cylinders. Owner claims he buys, sells, and trades boats and engines and this is the reason he's selling. He also claims engine runs good and will put it in the water and run for me if I'd like.

I can't comment on problems with this particular motor, but there are a lot of guys around me that like to wrench on motors and be willing to run them in a bucket. In fact, I bet most of the motors they sell, they have never ran on a boat, but claim they're great runners. If he agrees to a boat ride, its probably worth taking a look at. JMO.