1982 115 mercury electric fuel sender

Arykeion

Seaman Apprentice
1982 115 inline 6. Electric fuel sender is working. The problem I have is fuel is coming from the fuel sender line to the thingy on the side of the carb. The other 2 carbs have that same small line on them and they are clear so u can c through it but know fuel is coming through those lines. The carb bowls are filling up when I prime the ball. The ball goes back soft because of a small leak in the big fuel lines I think. I want to know why isn't gas going through the other 2 fuel enrichment lines. Thanks

Bosunsmate

Admiral
Re: 1982 115 mercury electric fuel sender

The small lines might be from a choke solenoid enricher, they only fill up when the choke is used.
You will need to sort out why its going soft- try tilting the engine up a bit and looking where fuel runs from

Arykeion

Seaman Apprentice

Yeah that's where they're from,the choke enrichner. When u choke it,does all the choke lines suppose to be full of fuel or just the one in the middle coming from the choke itself. All the small lines ate clear so u can c fuel. Only the middle one is filling up with fuel.

Arykeion

Seaman Apprentice

What could be the problem why all lines are not filling up. ��Thanks

Bosunsmate

Admiral

blockage? worn gasket?
Is it starting ok?

boobie

Supreme Mariner

You should post this in the Mercury forum !!

Arykeion

Seaman Apprentice

It's very hard to start. Yeah I know I should have posted in the mercury forum��. I'm trying to get use to the site.