1993 Johnson 60hp throttle control lock in neutral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrif101

Recruit
1993 Johnson 60hp throttle control.

I have 93 johnson 60hp that has/and is running fine. After a couple outings this spring Throttle control will not dis-engage from the neutral position. When I pull the trigger on the control it will not shift into forward or reverse.

I can release it by pressing on the ball bearing in the control and it will shift, but as soon as you move it back to neutral it will lock up again.

I assume there is some sort of spring or tension-er in the unit that releases pressure on this ball bearing when you pull on the trigger.

Does anyone know how to correct this issue?
Or know where i can get diagram, schematic?

Please see pictures

** please note that the tool marks near the ball bearing were from me poking at it so that I could get off the river, as well as confirm that this is what is hanging up.

Thanks Craig
IMAG0433.jpgIMAG0432.jpgIMAG0431.jpg

seandickson

Recruit
Can you tell me who makes that throttle in your diagram? I need to replace my throttle and I am having trouble finding out who makes it. Pretty sure its only a trigger problem on mine and would like to buy a replacement part for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sean Dickson

Got_Musky

Recruit
Anyone figure out a fix to this? I have recently had the same problem pop up and just started to research before diving in....

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Come on guys - Please start new threads. The Help Tip on top of the page tells you what to do.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.