1976 johnson 55 hp water and idle problem

Sooooooo after replacing my first water pump and housing and seals and shifter linkage seals in my lower unit!!!!! I installed and there is water coming out from wheep hole awesome!!! but there is water coming out of behind big u shaped piece at the bottom by where the unit bolts up??????? Also this motor has been slow to rev and shakes alot at idle. Now when you are at wot it eventually planes out after like a minute and the rpm do go up but till then your a sittin duck.:dread: any help would help please lmao also new to this site thanks all awesome site though!!!!

Bosunsmate

Admiral
Re: 1976 johnson 55 hp water and idle problem

Post a photo of where the waters coming out. It could be a normal area especially if near the front bottom of the midsection .

The top hole in the carb has a idle needle valve that can be adjusted, back that out a bit on your carbs at idle and see if that improves it, take note of the initial setting so you can return to it if needs be

Re: 1976 johnson 55 hp water and idle problem

okay grommet was off fell off not good one prob down thank you all now on to no power untill you finally get a mile down the lake