Evinrude 15 - Pivot Tube Water Leak?

Recently bought a 1981 Evinrude 15 E15RCIS. When running it using a hose with flushing attachment, there seems to be water leaking from the front of the Exhaust Housing in the vicinity of what the parts diagram shows as the Lower Pivot Tube. I've attached a pic showing a small rivulet of water emanating from the area in question. If this leakage is not normal, what is causing it and how involved of a job would it be to fix, and would using the motor with the leak cause other problems or damage? I have dropped the lower unit and successfully replaced a water pump impeller and housing on another Evinrude 15 years ago with the help of a manual so have some limited working experience with these motors.

evinrude15hp002.jpg

Bosunsmate

Admiral
Re: Evinrude 15 - Pivot Tube Water Leak?

Ive a different model but if i have my motor tilted up or on muffs stationary i get a leak from there. I looked under the arms holding it on there and theres a discharge port so water doesnt sit there pooling when its on a tilt or with no forward movement, so you might want to get a little mechanics mirror and see if its just part of the normal draining system

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: Evinrude 15 - Pivot Tube Water Leak?

Looks normal to me............On a flusher.